How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
vbuhay
Contributing MemberPosts: 725Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to Peter Damroth, Sep 30, 2013

Peter,

I have had 2 D600s, one in Nov 2012, another in in Dec, 2012. My latest one has had 2 shutter mechanism replacements, last one in August 2013, I am now seeing new spots - Latest info from Nikon Tech in Wilshire Service center is that it was coming from the shutter mechanism and is either debris or oil.

I Like you have tried to use this set up (with 24-70 and the 85mm 1.8G) for a product shoot and was disappointed and have since avoided product photos since.

I have posted previously my experiences and am now waiting on the possibility that this issue will not or cannot be economically feasible for Nikon. If this is the case the future D610 might be my only way out... But inspite of all of this issues, I still like the IQ and the output of my D600. The only realistic solution is to clean the sensor whenever the Debris and Spots become an issue -LAME, LAME, LAME. Nikon !

I do have the D7100 - 24Mp (as a back up acquired in May'13). You might explore this option if it fits with your requirement. Note that the DR of the D600 is much better than the D7100.

Good luck!

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow