How can I keep my D-600 when...

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,752Gear list
Like?
Re: How can I keep my D-600 when...
In reply to Peter Damroth, Sep 30, 2013

Other than in a specially air filtered clean room there is quite a bit of dust in the atmosphere of most rooms and studios.

It is difficult to know if changing lenses, keeping lens caps clean, the subject being set up including changing lights and background or the photographer moving is part of the problem.

100% from 24 MP shows dust bigger than from 12 MP, and the high D600 dynamic range makes it more obvious.

Whether a blower brush at the start of a session could help is not mentioned. This a precaution I take at the start of most shooting sessions.

Whether the camera still has a fault, or you are getting paranoid is unclear from your comments. If the camera is still faulty my advice is get a refund from the retailer and get a D800 for when a client wants a poster size print from one of your images.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge as to how to get the best out of modern and often complex camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow