Aftermarket Battery Grip Survey (Nikon D90/D7000/D7100)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kamran bajwa
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Aftermarket Battery Grip Survey (Nikon D90/D7000/D7100)
11 months ago

Hello all,

I am in the market for a Battery grip. I have used one on my D200 for almost 6 years and love it.

I have "wasted" a lot of time looking for a Battery grip like the one on my D200 (nikon brand) that hold 2/BOTH Batteries in the Grip itself, hence eliminating any need for removing the grip from the camera. I am beginning to realize that neither nor any other manufacturer (that I know of) make one that will hold 2 batteries.

Back when I purchased my first Nikon brand Battery grip there were very few aftermarket options, now its seems there are almost 6-8 different brands available, most at a fraction of the price Vs Nikon.

Can you all please share which after market Battery grip you are using and for how long?

Please list any issues if possible, it would really help my purchase. (and will help others)

The marketplace is littered with "new product" reviews, but I am looking for feedback from those who have used the grips for a little while.

Thank you and have a great day

-- hide signature --

Nikon D7000
Nikon D200
Nikon D50
Nikon 18-200 VRII
35mm 1.8
50mm 1.8
Nikon 28mm 2.8 AIs
SB600

Nikon D200 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow