Started Sep 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,547
Like?
You would be mistaken.
In reply to BigBen08, Sep 30, 2013

BigBen08 wrote:

Simon Joinson wrote:

Those of you with a deep knowledge - or unwavering curiosity about - the material, optical and electronic engineering science behind digital image capture represent an valuable part of our community, and this forum is yours to use as you wish. For the moment there will be no community moderators (though if you want one once the forum gets going, please let me know).

I would like to also think this forum could be a place where the less technically minded can come to get answers to their questions - if they do come, please treat them gently.

Sounds like another forum where people can argue endlessly about which sensors are superior.

The hope is that this forum would be frequented by people that actually understand how things work who would discuss technical matters, as opposed to the "entertainment" that comes from ignorance and fanboys.

For example, I shoot with a Canon 6D, and completely recognize the superiority of the D800 sensor, but like my Canon setup just fine. In addition, I also understand that for Equivalent photos (same DOF and shutter speed), that the sensor in the EM5 has an advantage over the D800 sensor at higher ISOs since it has the same QE but less read noise / µphoto at higher ISO settings.

In other words, just a wee bit different than how you characterize the forum unless, of course, the "entertainers" come to play here, too.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow