Started Sep 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thanasaki
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
the "Texas" challenges case
Sep 29, 2013

Quite a while ago, a challenge host (kw5kw, if I remember well) is continouusly hosting challenges with subject "Texas" cities or places. So far, nothing wrong with that, even when the placed challenge rules are far too strict and complicated for the subject.

The result is that -sadly-  these "challenges" show very poor participation (mostly 1-3 entries) often with photos of mediocre quality, and -more sadly- they end up with "winners" out of two or even one single entry. These photos are displayed in the homepage of DPreview for several days. That is , I think, "challenges" trivialisation and is unfair to other -well deserved- challenge winners.

Now, I 'd like to suggest to DPreviev's staff to put a low limit on the number of submitted entries in every challenge (say , 5 ) to ensuse an -at least- meaningful evaluation by the voters. Below this number of entries, the "challenge" could be cancelled automatically, or the few entries should be disquailfied, because of "insufficient number of entries"

What is your opinion and how could we make a proposal to DPreview staff?

thanasaki's gear list:thanasaki's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D90 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S +15 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow