Started Sep 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hzmeyer
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?
Canon-Nikon shootout
Sep 29, 2013

My wife shoots Canon- 5D Mark II with the Canon 24-105 lens- and I shot Nikon- D800 with the Nikon 24-120 lens. She feels her photos are sharper than mine. Also, the Nikon images seem to have a lot more noise even at ISO 200. I don't want to agree but some times I get a little concerned when I see her results.

To be fair, I have a little trouble holding the camera steady so I may be part of the problem.

So to eliminate the human factor, I have proposed a test to see just which camera/lens combination is really the best.

The cameras will be mounted on the same tripod, sequentially, and a few typical scenes will be photographed using a cable release. They will then be taken into LR and compared side-by-side to determine the winner.

I just read an article on a Zeiss lens where 5 "identical" copies were tested for sharpness and all were a little different. So it is possible my wife got an exceptional 24-105 and I got a so-so 24-120. I will just have to live with that.

Now for my question. Will LR have an issue if I use the same card for both cameras? I know it can handle Canon and Nikon files but what if the card has both at the same time?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow