DSLR users: how many lenses per camera do you CURRENTLY have AVAILABLE TO USE?

Started Sep 29, 2013 | Polls thread
harrygilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 2,799Gear list
Like?
Re: DSLR users: how many lenses per camera do you CURRENTLY have AVAILABLE TO USE?
In reply to merops, Sep 29, 2013

First, thanks for posting your two polls.

Digital has opened up a world of exploration, as I no longer have to worry about film and processing costs. Not only can I try different combinations of settings, but over time have acquired lenses from 15mm to 800mm as my interests widen and I try new subjects. Thus, the lens I most frequently use totally depends on the subject and environment.

Wildlife and BIF call for lenses from 200-800mm. My "walking around lens" is actually two: a 24-70mm on one body and a 70-300mm on a second body. Yes, I carry two bodies on many occasions. First, to have the right perspective readily available, second to avoid fumbling around changing lenses, and third to avoid movement that scares wildlife that may appear close or far..

Catching the "landscape bug" (and vacationing in Italy) inspired me to add the 17-40, although now I most frequently create panoramas by stitching shots made with a short telephoto.

Commercial and industrial projects led to acquisition of a 24TSE II, and a 45TSE is next on the list.

I also acquired a 135mm soft focus lens when engaged to do portraits of mature women and young children. Clients were sometimes turned off by overly sharp images.

For me, bodies come and go, but lenses are the heart of photography.

harrygilbert's gear list:harrygilbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
9.5?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow