First photo of K-3

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,480Gear list
Like?
Re: K-3 ...from whence this rumour came ..
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Sep 29, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

I had few Ericsson phones, replaced with Sony Ericsson...

The phone making business has never been the main one for Ericsson. They are making phone exchanges and cellular phone base stations. 99.9 % of their income is coming from that and it have always been so. And today they do not even make phones at all. Today its google and apple.

I know that, and I didn't wanted to imply it is.

Google makes no phones (though phone makers would make "Nexus" phones for them).

Now, Ericsson is the last one standing among the old telecom companies. Its only competitor being Huawei.

What can be learned by this?

Nothing really?

But in our case, if the rumor is correct, probably they made the right decision to avoid launching a product with image quality issues. My feeling is this delay won't harm them, in the long run.

We will see.

In my opinion they are somewhat too late to the table. Next step is > 30 MP, and Sony and Nikon will probably be there very soon.

I'm comfortable with Pentax not pushing hard with the megapixel race, but pursuing image quality.

However, this doesn't means they'll always be "late" - the K-5 was launched at the same time with Nikon's D7000.

-- hide signature --

/Roland

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow