Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 2,051Gear list
Like?
Re: Cancelled my E-M1 order
In reply to PC Wheeler, Sep 29, 2013

PC Wheeler wrote:

dahod wrote:

I read the interview with Mr. Terada (http://www.bestmirrorlesscamerareviews.com/2013/09/18/the-om-d-e-m1-new-pro-lenses-and-2014-an-interview-with-olympus-europe/) however, and it left me with a less than warm and fuzzy feeling. I could be reading it wrong and I apologize if I am but my take from it was

1. 4/3 was a failure because it didn't result in measurably smaller camera/lens combinations - M4/3 will correct that.
  2. His target market is the "young generation with a focus on young females"
  3. He can't figure out how to attract European women buyers but he has a couple of thoughts.

Lower price might help! These days the younger generation, male and female, seems to have problems finding well-paying jobs. Maybe his target is young females with good inheritances

Unmarried Japanese women (and men) often live with their parents, even well into their thirties and forties, and they're not expected to contribute much to the household finances, which means they have a lot of disposable income.  This isn't the case with all young Japanese, of course, but it's much more common and accepted than in western countries.

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow