Cancelled my E-M1 order

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 2,061Gear list
Like?
Re: Cancelled my E-M1 order
In reply to GBC, Sep 29, 2013

GBC wrote:

I just get the feeling that he failed to verbalize his thinking as eloquently as he could have if speaking Japanese.

If you really understood how he felt, instead of reading into what he said over dinner in a second language and paraphrased for a blog, it would no longer be an excuse to cancel a preorder and post here about it.

As far as basing purchasing decisions on such an interview, that's a personal decision that I don't necessarily agree with, and I think there are things about the E-M1 and the system in general that will appeal to people other than young female Japanese.

That said, I've lived in Japan for more years than I care to admit, and I've been reading Olympus interviews in both languages for quite some time as well, and I can't imagine Mr. Terada would give an interview in English if he was afraid of goofing up their message entirely, and I don't think he said anything radically different in this interview from what Oly execs have been saying all along, as far as marketing to women. Google dpreview.com and "camera joshi ( = "camera girls").

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow