Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,147Gear list
Like?
Re: Charles, and I agree
In reply to brianric, 10 months ago

brianric wrote:

sderdiarian wrote:

Tough act to follow, and at $1400, well I'm just not going there (E-M1) at this time. I'll wait for either the E-M1 to become affordable or Olympus to come out with a less expensive body with many of the same features, which I think is inevitable given the competition.

For someone who does not have an E-M5, the E-M1 makes a compelling reason to acquire one over the E-M5.

Completely agree, for those like Charles and it appears yourself who have much invested in HG/SHG lenses, the E-M1 is a god send. And for those just entering mFT at the $1000+ range, the E-M1 also has appeal, although the GX7 would then catch my eye, as would soon to be increasingly discounted (my guess) E-M5's.

We'll see how the E-M1 does in the market at the price they've set for it.  It appears off to a strong start based on pre-orders, we'll see if this holds up.

And even if it doesn't, Olympus may be happy simply using it as their new flagship camera soon to be followed by a revamped E-M5 and a lower tier consumer grade full-featured body.  Those would make many people happy I think.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow