ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr Bob
Contributing MemberPosts: 671Gear list
Like?
PS or PSE11 - 8 bit colour
7 months ago

Guys,

I need some advice on editting software. I am currently doing PP using LR4 (plus a number of plugins) which does most of what I need. For some images though I need to edit to get rid of unwanted bits (maybe 5-10% of shots). I am shooting mainly birds with a D600 but usually end up cropping heavily so maybe ending up with images that are say 2Mp to 8Mp (mainly for use on the web) and then having to get rid of a bit of barbed wire or the odd clump of grass etc.

In the past (before I got into LR) I used to do this on CS3 via the clone stamp and healing brush but now the old "work" computer with PS on it has died and I no longer have access to PS. I am not too adverse to signing up to the new PS but at the moment it is overkill. I therefore downloaded a trial version of PSE11 to see if would do the editing I wanted. The editing is fine but it is only working in 8bit colour depth. How big a problem is this? I cant see much of a problem as the PSE edit is the last thing I have been doing with all the other PP done in LR first (always starting with RAW) but I don't know what I should be looking for. Also I havent tried editing in the full size D600 images. Am I losing anything with 8 bit colour?

Any suggestions on what the best solution is for this limited editing PSE11 or PS? ...or other editing software that will work with LR (I'm using a Mac book pro 15" retina). I am leaning towards PS as I am far more familiar with that interface and I can then do other pixel level editing but maybe it is a waste of money at the moment.

There are lots of examples of the images I am PP'ing in my gallery

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Andy

Dr Bob's gear list:Dr Bob's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +1 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow