a77

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
thebustos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,721Gear list
Like?
Re: a77
In reply to suppyx, 10 months ago

I love my A77 with the 16-50mm f/2.8. I think for the price it's quite a capable camera. You might want to get something like the 35mm f/1.8 (about $225) for shooting in low light such as concerts. The main issue with video shooting is that you can only use up to 1600 ISO. But a bright aperture can help work around that.

I think the controls and menus are a lot more straight forward than my experience with Canons and Nikons.

It is expected that Sony will be unveiling their full frame NEX camera at photoplus in late October and is also expected that new A-Mount cameras will be announced in January. I suspect that the NEX cameras introduced in October will give a clue to what may be coming for the A-Mount in January.

It may be good to wait till the end of October to pull the trigger, but regardless of what's coming I have no intention of getting rid of my A77. Even if I looked at getting the next new Sony thing, I would be keeping my A77 as a back-up.
--
Good luck and happy shooting!

thebustos's gear list:thebustos's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
a77New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow