Started Sep 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yenda
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
AF Microadjustment dependent on aperture
Sep 28, 2013

Hi, I've been messing with the micro adjustments on Nikon D7000... I tried the moire technique as well as the green dot technique. In the end, I bought the Focal pro. So far I like it very much. I was pleasantly surprised that the AF tune values found by myself Vere basically within +-2 span of the focal-found values. So we can see it as a hint that these two methods work nicely, if you invest the time into it.

But, I've found a strange thing - the focal pro can draw a curve of sharpness as a function of aperture. The Nikon 35mm/f1.8 has peak sharpness around 5,6 (at least my copy). So I tried to run the AF micro adjustment tuning on this aperture as well (hoping that the increased sharpness will improve the precision of the tuning process).
I was really surprised that the optimal AFM value for f/5.6 was actually significantly different (-7 instead of +2). I tried to do this only for one lens but it comes to me as a big surprise....
Is this actually possible? Or am I dealing with faulty lens/body. I know I mangy do something wrong and planning to check tomorrow, as the sun is already setting down and there is not enough light to perform the experiment again...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow