Do any of you like to discuss/troubleshooting on Norman ML600 series monolight strobe?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamiry
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Do any of you like to discuss/troubleshooting on Norman ML600 series monolight strobe?
7 months ago

Hi Guy,

I wonder if any of you have experiences on the Norman monolight ML600 series strobe? I have 4 of them and turn out they all have problems now, but I cannot find any information. Their owner is not helpful at all, ask but no answer reply.These strobes are very expensive ~$680 each, but it is really weird, it has lots of problem beside there is no discussion about them that I can find. It seems I am the only one not lucky with these strobes, or people are not using these, except me. So, I want to open this discussion to help me and also to any one who use them to know more about these to avoid of these problems. Hope it works and helps.

Here is my strobe problems:

The digital reading from 91 down to 18 will be show as "BFL" when I clicked the test button and the flash won't fire in these range although the ready green light is on and the modeling light and button work just fine.

Also, one of these four ML600 turn out dead as its digital reading keep showing " - - - - " and sometime "BFL" when I clicked the power button on, its ready green light also not on, its modeling light only start to light on about 10 seconds after I power up, and then off, and the flash won't fire although I kept trying to click the test button. It keep doing like it when I clicked the power button on. Beside, the fans still run smoothly, and I changed all new bulbs for these strobe, but it still shows these problems above.

Another one works only if the modeling light is set at FULL and the flash verification is ON. Otherwise, if the modeling is set at RATIO or OFF, or the flash verification is set OFF. It won't fire at all, and on the digital display will show the letter "BFL" again and for the rest.

So, do any of you have any experiences about this? If so, please give me a helps. Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow