Warning: A3000 emits a fake shutter sound that can't be disabled

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,926Gear list
Like?
Re: Facts about the NEX 3n shutter sound
In reply to tomtom50, 11 months ago

tomtom50 wrote:...

Sony builds good equipment, but I don't get the feeling many of their engineers are photographers. The NEX interface is awful compared to my EOS-m.

As I recall from the early days of the Nex, the interface wasn't designed by the photographic team, but by the cellphone people, Sony-Erickson.  I guess they felt that they'd have a lot of beginners and amateurs getting into the system and wanted to be sure that it was easy-to-use for them.  It does have a pretty look, kind of like comparing a windowed OS to a command-line OS.  Some things still are more efficient using the command line, but on the computer, I can choose which way I want to work.  On the Nex, I can add the most-used functions to the fn or other keys, or I can dive into the menu.  I dunno, if I were going to redesign it, the main things I'd do is try to split up the massive "setup" menu into a couple of separate categories and make better use of the dials.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow