Cancelled my E-M1 order

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,285Gear list
Like?
Re: Not shiny enough...?
In reply to Michael99, Sep 28, 2013

Michael99 wrote:

I will keep my order in place but if the camera does not show a large improvement over my E-520 in S-AF and C-AF it is going back and my 4/3rds lenses will be up for sale.

The price, with grip and adapter is just too high if the camera can not match-up with the competition. It really does not matter that I have 3 Olympus camer bodies and 5 4/3rds lenses, at 1800.00 bucks it must not lag behind in focusing speed.

Yes.  Olympus has presented us with an enigma:  finally a body with the new sensor that can AF reasonably fast with 4/3's lenses, but not large enough to comfortably support many SHG lenses or even the HG 50-200mm without the optional grip.  At this point, not a compelling argument to stay with Olympus if one owns these lenses.  And an answer to a question not asked.

Now, if they offered to drop the new sensor/processor into your E-5 for, say, $700, I think a path would be beaten to their door.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow