Cancelled my E-M1 order

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
dahod
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
Wow!!
In reply to dahod, Sep 28, 2013

I was out of town for a few days and just came back to this - surprised is a bit of an understatement.

First off I apologize to anyone I offended - I hate to see anyone get so wound up

Second - as I mentioned, I could be wrong (actually, I'm often wrong).

Third - my take on the interview is still the same - for Olympus, big is now bad.  That position has given us software corrected lenses and a PRO line that might be at the 4/3 HG level.  That seems to be okay with everybody.

Fourth - you might ask why I went 4/3 in the first place then.  In response, Olympus had everything I was looking for - rugged magnesium body, weathersealed, reasonably priced great lenses, generally well thought out lens roadmap with promises to fill the holes, in-camera stabilization and an articulated LCD.  I'm still happy with the choice I made.

I had skipped the E-5 in anticipation of it's replacement.  The E-M1 comes with a couple of caveats that I hadn't expected however.  With the camera, lens, adapter, battery holder, flash and three extra batteries I'm looking at north of $3200 - not unreasonable for what you're getting but a lot of money for me so I need to be sure.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond - sorry it raised so many emotions.

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow