Started 11 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wyoming
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
still good 6 years after
11 months ago

i bought this camera back in the days, i  liked it till the laks of manual controls started to annoy.
 i bought a casio with a decent manual mode but how terrible was in low light compared to the fuji! later the fuji stoped working.

recently i was looking for a new compact but it isn't easy to find a cheap good camera, i was curious about those old fuji because i red they are still considered good at high iso. so i recovered the fuji and convinced it to start (with bad manners:-D).

i look at the pics now and i still like this camera today, in electronic terms and era passed, this is a statement about the quality of this super ccd sensor. and today i have other digicam with proper manual controls when i need them.

all in all this is a very clever camera: the sensor was beautifull so good pictures up to 800 iso,the DR isn't reflex-level but ok for a compact, the AA batteries are so versatile that everytime i ask why they aren't used anymore. also the camera seems to keep every situation under control, only sometimes it underexposes too much.

negative: some cromatic aberration (not as bad as in other fujis), some tendence to underexpose in order to not blow highlights. but for me the real bad things of this little camera were the slow response when turning on and the lack of proper controls.

wyoming's gear list:wyoming's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-Z850 Fujifilm FinePix A600 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix A800 Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Olympus C-50 Zoom +5 more
wyoming's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
okay
Portraits
okay
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
acceptable
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow