70d look and feel..

Started Sep 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stakeouttoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
Re: 70d look and feel..
In reply to Craig76, Sep 27, 2013

Craig76 wrote:

I love my 60D, and am considering upgrading to a 6D or 7D MKII (if it ever appears). But the build quality and 'creakiness' of the 60D still bug me a bit. The top dial feels very cheap, like it could break at any time. It likely won't, but I'm just saying the feel of the camera leaves something to be desired. And while that does not affect image quality, it does have an impact on the overall experience while out doing photoshoots.

Anyway, rather than upgrade this year i've decided to get a good pano head for my tripod. That, and maybe a new lens, will undoubtedly have a bigger impact on my photography.

no problems with my 60d after 2 years of use and 38K shutter clicks.. don't get the feeling that it is 'on the cheap' with the dials or any creakiness..actually that's the way I felt after handling the 70d.. a bit on the not so nice-feel wise because I probably was expecting a lot more.... obviously it's a subjective thingy..

after seeing and handling the 70d if I was to replace my 60d with the same level of camera I would probably buy another 60d with the low prices on them--they were down to $599US.. now back up to $699US...so the upgrade for me will be the 7DMkII if and when????.. hopefully sooner than later.. c'mon Canon wake up.. do the right thing.. and make me happy

-- hide signature --

Ray
my Canon 60d sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow