Cancelled my E-M1 order

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Anastigmat
Forum ProPosts: 12,579
Like?
Re: Cancelled my E-M1 order
In reply to dahod, 10 months ago

dahod wrote:

I read the interview with Mr. Terada (http://www.bestmirrorlesscamerareviews.com/2013/09/18/the-om-d-e-m1-new-pro-lenses-and-2014-an-interview-with-olympus-europe/) however, and it left me with a less than warm and fuzzy feeling. I could be reading it wrong and I apologize if I am but my take from it was

1. 4/3 was a failure because it didn't result in measurably smaller camera/lens combinations - M4/3 will correct that.

That is the god awful truth. People are unwilling to put up with a smaller sensor without any real savings in size, weight, or price.

1. His target market is the "young generation with a focus on young females"

Most of them use camera phones, and may not find it necessary to lug even a compact camera around, let alone something as big as the EM-1.

1. He can't figure out how to attract European women buyers but he has a couple of thoughts.

The female pros won't be using the EM-1. The amateurs just use a camera phone or smart phone.  There is no market among them for the EM-1.

1. M4/3 can almost beat APS-C on image quality but wins on portability ("their lenses are so much bigger than ours")

Beating Aps-c is a pipe dream.  The NEX cameras are smaller and more portable, and they have aps-c sensors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow