Cancelled my E-M1 order

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
WhyNot
Senior MemberPosts: 2,772
Like?
Probably won't order
In reply to dahod, 10 months ago

After reading the interview I had two impressions. Olympus will pursue SE Asia as their primary market and will continue to downsize their cameras as much as practical. Olympus has a history of making instruments smaller from film days to mFT. For an Endoscope this is a great strategy but for cameras I'm not sure that one size fits all.....I would like a E-xxx sized body for HG lenses – I use the ZD14-54 on the GX1 but it is a lens with a camera attached and not as fluid to use as it is on an E-520, for me....So I think I might like a GH3 sized body but I guess the E-M1 is as big as Olympus cameras will get and even the flagship model may be smaller in the future, so I'll hold on to what I have for now and watch, but will probably have to consider alternatives when I have to upgrade or replace the E-30.... ….. If I can't put it in a pocket then I won't compromise on ergonomics. I actually bought into Olympus FTs partially because of its ergonomics....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow