Anyone take the online color test with their calibrated monitors?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,882Gear list
Like?
The calibration does not matter
In reply to Pedal2Floor, 7 months ago

Pedal2Floor wrote:

This is the test from X-Rite

http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge

[...]

Also, some people seem to see stuff in photos I can never see, wonder if it is the monitor or their vision.

Anyway, it take all of 5min to play with the test, have fun

The calibration does not matter as the test is relative as stated at the own site from X-Rite. Perhaps for severely bad monitors it would have some impact. Please note the same people can have different scores when making the test several times as he/she can be got the results depending in guessing at different levels.

I suggest you to have the test a few times in the same monitor and try to discover your actual figures for the test.

That is an electronic version from the classical test from (German company) Gretag using printed materials. That kit was popular in Graphics Arts Schools and training centers. Gretag was bought by X-Rite some years ago. I made that test using both, old and the new system.

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow