What is the order when you do PP for barrel distortion (1650PZ)?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eeran
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
What is the order when you do PP for barrel distortion (1650PZ)?
7 months ago

Hi.

Yesterday, finally, after nearly 3 weeks since I bought my 5R + SELP1650, I went to a short day trip to take some shots.

As I read online, it does seems that barrel distortion isnt much of an issue at 25mm or more of focal length.

I maintain my photo library in Aperture (mac user), and I find it very good for my needs, its UI is nice and all in all, for my basic knowledge so far, its great

One thing missing is the lens correction, as many are waiting for it, who knows when it comes to aperture.

till then, I wonder if i could get some tips from you guys, who obviously entered this corner if you started sometime with the 1650.

so I did the import process for my photos, then I started creating stacks for similar ones (to make some order in the project), deleted some I dont like or bad photos.

then, I did some straightening for images where horizon didnt look good.

but then, I come across things I wish to delete the camera jpeg, and reprocess the raw better, such as exposure or white balance, curves or shadows/highlights.

I know some of those adjustments are much better on the raw, since it contains more data.

But then I have all my adjustments, and I wish to save the jpeg copy, to be my primary ("Use JPEG as original"), so that when i browse the library, i see the good photo, not the one with barrel distortion.

What would be the most built-in/convenient way to do so?

eeran's gear list:eeran's gear list
NEX5R Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Apple Aperture
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow