Most activity on M4/3s forum

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
MatsP
Contributing MemberPosts: 869Gear list
Like?
Re: People jumping ship from Canon?
In reply to eques, 10 months ago

Manip16 wrote:

Because Canon hasn't produced a good SLR in about three years, their sensors are antiquated, and people are jumping ship to Nikon, Fuji, Sony NEX, m43, and similar in droves.

Interesting. I seem to remember that Canon sales are higher than all Nikon, Sony A and NEx and mFT together. Do you have the data, you are refering to?

The 70D they just released has a worse sensor in it than the E-PL5. It is more or less the same sensor as the one they had in every camera they made in the last few years, no advancement there at all.

I too am a former Canon user. Jumped ship when they stopped updating their cameras and failed to release many new APS-C (EF-S) lenses into their lineup (one L lens for example). Basically Canon is dying (but they're still huge, so it is like a dying elephant).

The EOS-M is the latest in a long line of Canon really failing as a company. There is something deeply wrong at Canon, they have "lost it" and it is going to take more than a few years to get it back. The 5D III was good but only if you ignore the D800.

Again I may be wrong, but I remember that Canon is the only company that makes profits from camera sales.

Peter.

True, but it can be dangerous to rely on old technology also if it works well and sell. Suddenly things happens and you see yourself caught up and left behind before you even notice it. Look at Nokia - world's leading cellphone manufacturer until not long ago. Who thought this flagship could sink as a stone?

MatsP's gear list:MatsP's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Canon Pixma MG8150 DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow