Most activity on M4/3s forum

Started Sep 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
eques
Senior MemberPosts: 1,863Gear list
Like?
People jumping ship from Canon?
In reply to Manip16, Sep 27, 2013

Manip16 wrote:

Because Canon hasn't produced a good SLR in about three years, their sensors are antiquated, and people are jumping ship to Nikon, Fuji, Sony NEX, m43, and similar in droves.

Interesting. I seem to remember that Canon sales are higher than all Nikon, Sony A and NEx and mFT together. Do you have the data, you are refering to?

The 70D they just released has a worse sensor in it than the E-PL5. It is more or less the same sensor as the one they had in every camera they made in the last few years, no advancement there at all.

I too am a former Canon user. Jumped ship when they stopped updating their cameras and failed to release many new APS-C (EF-S) lenses into their lineup (one L lens for example). Basically Canon is dying (but they're still huge, so it is like a dying elephant).

The EOS-M is the latest in a long line of Canon really failing as a company. There is something deeply wrong at Canon, they have "lost it" and it is going to take more than a few years to get it back. The 5D III was good but only if you ignore the D800.

Again I may be wrong, but I remember that Canon is the only company that makes profits from camera sales.

Peter.

eques's gear list:eques's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow