EOS M, what's the point?

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,844Gear list
Like?
It's not a huge problem...
In reply to maxotics, Sep 27, 2013

maxotics wrote:

Is SL1 anything more than an EOS-M in a plastic body with a viewfinder?

Yes, I have both and the SL1 is the most fun to use by far, for me anyway. Using legacy manual focus lenses is a breeze with the magnify button and liveview. Then if you want fast pdaf focusing for sports or bifs you just use the ovf and crack on. The 18-55mm STM is a bit better than the m 18-55mm ( at least mine is ). The SL1 is much faster in operation on pretty much everything except cdaf focusing, where it's the same as the EOS-M. The EOS-M has it charms but the SL1 is much nicer and quicker to use IMHO, image quality is the same. I also like the flash which comes in handy quite often. I use the EF 35mm f2 and the 50mm f1.4 and they work really well on the SL1 with excellent results. My old OM lenses also give excellent results on the SL1, an APS-C sensor seems to be the sweet spot for those lenses, they perform better than they do on either m4/3's or FF. Of course you can also use them on the EOS-M but the ergonomics are nowhere near as nice.
I've owned the Fuji X100, the NEX 5n and the Olympus E-M5, as well as the EOS-M, the SL1 beats them all hands down for versatility, ease of use and sheer fun IMHO.

-- hide signature --

667....neighbour of the beast.
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow