Michael99
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: Not shiny enough...?
In reply to boggis the cat, Sep 27, 2013

boggis the cat wrote:

Craig from Nevada wrote:

CharlesB58 wrote:

People are cancelling orders or reconsidering buying the EM1 based on a single interview that involves statements about part of a marketing strategy?

People buy the camera for the same reasons.

I assumed that it was because it is shiny and new.

Olympus obviously screwed up by not making a blingy silver version...

(Says the guy stuck with a silver E-M5 because that was all that was available. Meh. At least it's harder to lose it in the undergrowth I guess.)

Not sure shiny has anything to do with it but it seems that Olympus did not hit the mark with S-AF or C-AF of 4/3rds lenses.  A great improvement over other m4/3rds cameras isn't saying much really and nearly as fast as an ok focusing 4 year old camera doesn't inspire me a lot either.

I will keep my order in place but if the camera does not show a large improvement over my E-520 in S-AF and C-AF it is going back and my 4/3rds lenses will be up for sale.

The price, with grip and adapter is just too high if the camera can not match-up with the competition.  It really does not matter that I have 3 Olympus camer bodies and 5 4/3rds lenses, at 1800.00 bucks it must not lag behind in focusing speed.

If the answer is to dump my 4/3rds lenses and purchase an entire new system then the door to Nikon and Canon is also open.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow