Forum ProPosts: 29,945
Like?
Re: Might not...
In reply to Great Bustard, Sep 27, 2013

Great Bustard wrote:

Jeff_Donald wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Beach Bum wrote:

As much as it pains me to say it, it shouldn't be the guys with all the formulas, graphs, charts, etc.

All of that has more to do with picking a camera than taking a picture.

...some of the "guys with all the formulas, graphs, charts, etc." also have some knowledge about the artistic side of photography? Why do so many assume the two are mutually exclusive?

I'm thinking the best person for the job is the person who is best able to communicate the ideas of both the artistic and the technical to students who are there to learn.

You don't need to know chart's, formulas and graphs to inspire students to take create great photos and inspire them to want to learn.

Don't think anyone implied otherwise.

Teaching the really boring stuff first is a great way to lose your audience.

Well, it's hard to say what's boring and what's not -- depends on the person, I suppose. I guess the best way to "teach", then, is just have a hot nude model come, give everyone a camera, and say, "Figure it out -- you have an hour."

Yes, thanks for doing that session for me. But I'm sorry, I'm going to have to let you go. They'd all said they'd finished after 5 minutes and left, and I'm not making any money that way.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow