How would YOU teach someone to be a photographer?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 3,864Gear list
Like?
How would YOU teach someone to be a photographer?
7 months ago

I would first like to thank everyone who participated in my recent thread,"How technical do we need to be?" An interesting discussion & very civil. Thank's all.

As a sort of follow up, it would be interesting to know how YOU would teach a beginner photography. Starting with the purchase of the camera & going all the way to post processing. I will find it interesting to see how many different ways there are to reach the same goal, of producing great images. Do different genres of photography require different teaching methods? It would also be interesting to know what qualities you believe make a good teacher, & if you are a pro, what was the best advice you were given years ago, that still serves you well today?

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
"I'm so fast, when I turn off the light, i'm in bed before the room gets dark" The great Mohamed Ali.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Meh.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow