Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 931Gear list
Like?
Re: "Best" lenses for my new GX7?
In reply to sabad, Sep 27, 2013

sabad wrote:

M Hamilton wrote:

Sorry but you made it sound like recommending an Oly lens for a Panasonic body was some sort of travesty...

It's all good, I am not a fanboy and have no emotional attachment to any particular brand

I happen to have only owned Panasonic bodies, but if funds were unlimited I'd probably have a GX7 and an EM-1.  Since I have Panny bodies, all other things being equal I'd go with Panny lenses with OIS as opposed to Oly lenses (I got a Panny 45-150 as part of a two-lens G5 kit, and I promptly sold my Oly 40-150, which was very good).  But in terms of price and speed, there's no real Panny equivalent to the Oly 45, and it works just fine on my Panny bodies.

It's great that there are two companies producing bodies and lenses, and I'm more than willing to mix and match, but some factors do sometimes militate toward sticking with the matching brand.  It's good to have choices, though!

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow