"Best" lenses for my new GX7?

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,000Gear list
Like?
Re: "Best" lenses for my new GX7?
In reply to Joxbox, Sep 27, 2013

Joxbox wrote:

I just ordered a GX7 with the 20/1,7 and I'm thinking of buying one or two zooms as well.

Been thinking of the very fine 12-35/2,8 and 35-100/2,8 but as we all know those are not very cheap plus they might become too heavy and clumsy to bring along both. (...) I'm trading my D300 with primes and Sony S110 into the GX7 because I believe it will fit my requirements better...

Relatively to lenses, there are two kinds of photographers: zoom guys and prime guys. If most of the lenses that you used with your D300 were primes, then you should stick to the outstanding m4/3 primes.

But if you're a zoom guy, then you should not overlook the Lumix 12-35mm simply because of its weight. I too, at first, thought that it defeats the purpose of m4/3 cameras: to deliver relatively good IQ with very light gear. But after just a few days of trying, I got used to it. I just love that lens and I could recommend it to you. However, I would wait until the release of the upcoming M.Zuiko 12-40mm for your final decision.

If you camera has IBIS, then consider the cheap and very sharp M.Zuiko 40-150mm. I am told that the Lumix 45-150mm is also quite good but I have no experience with it.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow