Started Sep 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgn2
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
NEX-6 and Fuji X100 owners
Sep 27, 2013

To those who own (or have owned) the NEX-6 (or a comparable NEX) and the Fuji X100, do you have a strong preference for one over the other? Did you end up getting rid of one or both of the cameras? I have a love/hate relationship with my X100. When it works for me it works great, but otherwise I find myself working hard to get out of focus or blurry shots, sometimes terribly over or under exposed pictures and the resolution is usually not as detailed. I love the manual controls and feel and control of the camera though. With the NEX-6, I have far more consistent keepers that are sharp even when heavily zoomed in or cropped - I have the kit 16-50, Sigma 30, and 3 legacy 50mm lenses. For reference, I shoot plenty of people and kids/baby pictures and pretty much anything from wide to 50mm. Although I love the simplicity, control and 'retro-ness' of my X100 and the silent shutter, I sometimes ask my question why I have it. I bought both cameras to move away from bulky SLR gear and closer to pocketable cameras. So yes, neither can fit in pockets that unless they are winter coats. I am considering getting rid of the X100 and investing in the Sony 35mm 1.8 and/or a pancake lens (16mm or 20mm) to get more compact. Experiences and suggestions welcome.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow