"Best" lenses for my new GX7?

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 865Gear list
Like?
Re: "Best" lenses for my new GX7?
In reply to Joxbox, Sep 27, 2013

If you want zooms but don't want to pay for the f2.8 zooms, you might consider the Panasonic 14-45 and 45-150, both of which are slower but quite sharp, quite affordable, and relatively compact.  Both have OIS.

If you are coming from a D300 and primes and want small, light, great IQ, and are willing to stick with primes, then buy the Oly 45mm f1.8 first. Small, light, relatively cheap, and fantastic.

After that, on the wide end you could get the Panasonic 14mm f2.5, which you can pick up on eBay for ~$180, or the better and faster but much more expensive Oly 12mm.

Or, for a walk on the wild side, if you are willing to defish and/or accept fisheye distortion, the Rokinon/Samyang/Bower 7.5mm fisheye is a kickass lens on the ultrawide end.

On the longer end, the Oly 75mm prime is widely considered to be great.  Next on my personal list.

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow