Cancelled my E-M1 order

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
mapgraphs
Regular MemberPosts: 394Gear list
Like?
Re: Cancelled my E-M1 order
In reply to dahod, Sep 27, 2013

dahod wrote:

You can say "so what? - the proof is in the pictures". That's true and the pictures are impressive but in order to keep the size down the lenses are all software corrected. There will be no big optically correct lens for this camera - the "Pro" line is it. According to Mr. Terada they "promise to establish the MFT lens line-up at the quality of the current PRO line-up".

I think I'll wait and see how this unfolds. In the meantime I'll take Art_P's advice and look for an E-5. I want the fine focus that Olympus for some unknown reason took off my E-3

Thanks

Dave

The in-camera corrections have me wondering about the "Pro" line of glass. This is the route Panasonic went. But since it doesn't sound like Olympus is dropping the HG & SHG glass, this may be a moot point.

I'd like to see what a E-M10 (say, something like the e30) would look like and whether Olympus will continue to offer the e5. Right now Olympus USA still has the e5 listed and I haven't seen any offered as "factory demo".

There's no good reason for rushing into anything yet as far as I can see...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow