Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
From DSLR To M43
Sep 26, 2013

After long years of being a DSLR shooter, I am planning on jumping over to M43.
I have my eye on the GX7. The specs are nothing short of spectacular and the camera seems to be able to deliver a nice punch of features for its price. I am aware the E-M1 is being released soon, but I find it a bit too pricy.

The main reason I am switching is because first of all, I am not a professional photographer. I just enjoy taking nice pictures when I go on vacation with my family. I mainly shoot still life (portraits, landscape, some low light). Second, I am tired of packing heavy with my DSLR bag full of lenses, flash etc. I am officially done with that.

I know the NEX system exists, as well as Fuji's X system cameras. But after observing their products and reading about them, it is safe to say that their lens line-up is: 1-smaller than m43, 2-much more expensive, 3-lenses are much larger/heavier.

I am just simply planning on possibly getting a GX7, with the new 14-140 lens and the 20 F1.7.

To get to the point, my main question is how does stills image quality compare from APS-C to the latest M43 cameras?

Is there any big difference? How does m43 handle dynamic range, high ISO performance when compared to the larger APS-C sensor?....is the only way to get image quality that can rival APS-C by buying expensive and fast m43 glass??? Is the GX7 a great choice?

I would appreciate your thoughts and input.

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow