Official statement on Sony A-mount future...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,175Gear list
Like?
Actually, mirrorless appeal in Asia is overstated, DSLR thrives here as well
In reply to phaedin, 11 months ago

phaedin wrote:

Why did you bother to check North American sites for mirror less when it has already been acknowledged that the mirror less market is not strong?
Asian sites would have been more interesting as the acertion was made that mirror less in Asia is a growth market

I'm from Asia and I can tell you the popularity of mirrorless is highly exaggerated by Panasonic and Olympus.  The truth is - if you bother to come to Asia - you will likely see that Canon + Nikon DSLR are everywhere.  In China, BIG CANON DSLR = STATUS SYMBOL.  Like a Gold Watch.  Female here prefer small canon rebel dslr ove any other mirrorless.

The only difference I see is that Sony NEX is extremely popular here.  If you see a Sony, 8/10 times it'll be a NEX and not a Sony SLT.  I don't blame Sony for pushing E-mount over A-mount, its what is selling well for Sony, and where the profit is.

I would say Asian are more Brand Conscious than Size Conscious.  Sony is a strong brand and Asian prefer Sony to Nikon in the brand prestige.  I would rank Canon as #1 with Sony as #2 (mostly NEX), followed by Nikon DSLR.

007peter's gear list:007peter's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow