Official statement on Sony A-mount future...

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,438Gear list
Like?
Re: Get over it
In reply to Nate Dogg, Sep 26, 2013

Nate Dogg wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

Nate Dogg wrote:

Please, spare me the grief/first world problems...

There are people struggling to put food on their table, so people speculating/complaining about the future of their camera gear is getting a little obnoxious. Furthermore, camera gear should never be thought of as an "investment", and those that do are foolish with their money -- it's a consumable, in relative terms.

BTW, this is coming from someone who has a lot of money wrapped up (not invested) in the A-Mount system. Basically, that just means I have a lot off cool gear to shoot with right now.

-- hide signature --

-Nate

If this is how you feel you're kind of hanging around in/on the wrong forums aren't you ? This is a gear forum and as such folks will agonise about these things. I agree materialism like this can be crass but preaching morals to posters is equally obnoxious.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Once again, spare me. It would be one thing if this was only one of only few threads on the matter, but instead, it's probably one of the most talk about subjects on this forum -- at this point, it's a "dead horse".

Why don't you ask yourself what is more likely to ensure the success of the A-Mount system -- People coming onto the forum seeing tons of topics about the impending doom of the system, or instead, people showing off great photos and discussing what features they love/don't love and what they hope to see in future models.

Or as a third alternative, don't ask yourself anything and just go out and enjoy the gear you have. As your signature says, "I shall focus with photographs".

-- hide signature --

-Nate

Nate, you are preaching to the converted and I'm unsure why you persist in portraying me as someone who enjoys or supports all this future of a mount agonising. Have you miissed my first post to this thread where I make.a point very similar to the  one you made here, or my thread a few days ago where I said that maybe we should all just get on with taking photographs. I'm perplexed as to why you feel the need to target me with your comments when I'm not the instigator of these threads and we actually appear to share quite similar views. While I can't say I have experienced the hardships of those people in certain parts of the world, I have had my life threatened, lost loved ones, and know full well how to put things like cameras and pixels in perspective in comparison with the things that really matter in life - people. Even if I live in the first world.  If you wish, persist in being antagonistic, but for me, life's too short for petty squabbles like this. Happy shooting.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A57 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow