Official statement on Sony A-mount future...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Nate Dogg
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
Re: Get over it
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, 10 months ago

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

Nate Dogg wrote:

Please, spare me the grief/first world problems...

There are people struggling to put food on their table, so people speculating/complaining about the future of their camera gear is getting a little obnoxious. Furthermore, camera gear should never be thought of as an "investment", and those that do are foolish with their money -- it's a consumable, in relative terms.

BTW, this is coming from someone who has a lot of money wrapped up (not invested) in the A-Mount system. Basically, that just means I have a lot off cool gear to shoot with right now.

-- hide signature --

-Nate

If this is how you feel you're kind of hanging around in/on the wrong forums aren't you ? This is a gear forum and as such folks will agonise about these things. I agree materialism like this can be crass but preaching morals to posters is equally obnoxious.

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Once again, spare me. It would be one thing if this was only one of only few threads on the matter, but instead, it's probably one of the most talk about subjects on this forum -- at this point, it's a "dead horse".

Why don't you ask yourself what is more likely to ensure the success of the A-Mount system -- People coming onto the forum seeing tons of topics about the impending doom of the system, or instead, people showing off great photos and discussing what features they love/don't love  and what they hope to see in future models.

Or as a third alternative, don't ask yourself anything and just go out and enjoy the gear you have. As your signature says, "I shall focus with photographs".

-- hide signature --

-Nate

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow