Official statement on Sony A-mount future...

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
artlmntl
Contributing MemberPosts: 931
Like?
Re: You get over it!
In reply to theswede, Sep 26, 2013

theswede wrote:

I don't think Canon or Nikon are quite as committed to their mirrorless offerings, at least not yet.

Considering how mirrorless sells in Japan and overall in Asia, I think that assumption is misguided. Only high end DSLR's sell appreciably in Japan. On the lower end mirrorless is rapidly taking over.

I don't know. They don't interest me at all. Let's see.

The 1V1 appears to have 11 lenses, most of them in the 3.5-5.6 range, none of them longer than 110mm. And the body is ~$780 on the Amazon with a 10-30mm lens.

The EOS M appears to be discontinued. Adorama is not stocking it. I find evidence of a 22mm and an 18-55mm lens. Prices on the EOS M apparently collapsed. They are running ~$351 on Amazon with an 18-55 lens. It doesn't sound like any sort of threat, but who knows?

I think, if you want something a lot smaller with a bigger sensor, Sony wins. And you pay a premium for that.

It will be interesting to see what develops with them, too.

What surprises me is how slow Europe and the US are in adopting mirrorless.

Maybe people in Europe and the US don't like the ergonomics of tiny, box-shaped cameras. I can't speak for others, but I like the dslr bodies. I don't want a tiny box. YMMV.

Jesper

-- hide signature --

Hunter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow