Coolpix P7800 loses a dial...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom May
Senior MemberPosts: 1,676
Like?
Re: Coolpix P7800 loses a dial...
In reply to skiphunt13, 10 months ago

I'm upgrading a P7000, have a P7800 on preorder with Amazon, so I have more to gain.

By design I suppose, the P7xxx series leads many to the purchase of the D3xxx and D5xxx dslr's by virtue of pricing and sharing of battery and Speedlights. I surely considered that when I purchased the D3200.

My gripe as it were with Nikon is that the Nikon 1 series V models (I have the V1) have yet to fit into that same continuum. Just the mere adaptation of the EN-EL14, Wu-1a WiFi adaptor and standard Speedlights would create an easy transition from the P7xxx, or from the D3xxx D5xxx dslr models with the addition of Ft-1 lens adaptor. Carrying over the control layout of the P7xxx would go a long way to easing the transition to the V series as well.

Ideally, the similar control layouts of the Pxxx, D3xxx, D5xxx, V series and some future fixed lens Pxxx/V 1 inch hybrid would be a large enough ecosystem to increase the "stickiness" of buyer retention and lead to more upscale Dslr and MILC purchase downstream for Nikon.

Tom May

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow