Big update to Smart Remote Control for the NEX 5R, 5T, and 6!

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
areichow
Senior MemberPosts: 1,474Gear list
Like?
Big update to Smart Remote Control for the NEX 5R, 5T, and 6!
Sep 26, 2013

As reported by patriotspyke in another thread:

https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/usbdetail.php?eid=IS9104-NPIA09014_00-F00002

Ver. 2.00 (Sep. 26, 2013)
Added the following setting capabilities and made the app more useful for macro and portrait shooting.
•Added touch AF capability from smartphones and tablets for more intuitive operation.
•Able to change values for EV compensation as well as for the aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and white balance. Perfect for people who are particular about their shots.
•Supports MF Assist,*1 a useful function when focusing manually. The larger monitor on a tablet or smartphone makes it easier to fine-tune the focus than on the camera’s monitor, which is a great help for macro and portrait shots.
• You can check the focus of your shot immediately on your smartphone or tablet by magnifying the recorded image.

Has anyone tried it yet? I tried to update it on my camera, but the app store told me I needed to upgrade my firmware first. Working on that - I'm still at 1.00.

Frankly, I'm somewhat shocked and pretty excited that they added so much of what people have been asking for. Most of this should have been in version 1 of the remote viewfinder, but glad it's finally made its way in.

Nothing about RAW being supported, even if it's only saved on the camera, but it'd be nice to confirm that. Also, it isn't clear if manual focus from the phone is allowed or if the MF Assist function still depends on you focusing on the lens.

areichow's gear list:areichow's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Sony RX100 NEX5R Sony Alpha 7
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow