Official statement on Sony A-mount future...

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
havoc315
Senior MemberPosts: 1,781Gear list
Like?
Re: Official statement on Sony A-mount future...
In reply to tqlla, Sep 26, 2013

tqlla wrote:

TrojMacReady wrote:

Agreed. I have long called it an attempt at self-fulfilling prophecy. The only question remains, is whether it's consciously or subconsciously.

The Sony A58 and the expensive A99 were self fulfilling prophecies. The A58 has a plastic mount, lower FPS video, lower FPS pictures, low resolution screen... etc. You cant find it in a National chain. Canons on the other hand can be found at Walmart, target, bestbuy... etc

The A99, while a great camera.. has lower FPS and resolution than most of us thought it would, and is priced next to the Nikon D800.

Those are the last two Amounts, and the A58 probably missed expectations. The other News....Sony delays the next Alpha A7xx, cancels the A6xx line, cancels the A3xx line, and is rumored to end production of the A99.

In the mean time Sony releases a new Alpha A3xxxx camera, with a emount... a dozen lenses and a bunch of new cameras.

BUT, due to this press release, I still have hope for a fast AF, high end mirrorless Amount.

Agreed totally.  The statement from Sony gives me a bit more hope and buys some patience from me.  It's enough for me to sit silent until we get a clearer picture in early 2014.  I'm not 100% convinced, but it does give me a bit more reason to believe the a-mount isn't in immediate danger. (Though I never believed it was facing imminent cancellation).

havoc315's gear list:havoc315's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow