ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skp13
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
First DSLR
11 months ago

Hi everyone,
I am planning to move on from my P&S to a DSLR. My budget is within $800. A few questions:

1)Nikon or Canon? To make my life easier I haven't looked at other brands but suggestions are welcome

2) What lens/lenses? Are the kit lenses good or should I go for body only and buy lens separately?

I travel quite a bit so I'm primarily interested in capturing landscape (including distant scenery like mountains) with and without people in the foreground and architecture. Would also like to do low light photography like nightscapes and indoor shots so low noise at high ISO is required. Not really interested in videography or macro photography.

Now, I realize that at this point probably any brand of DSLR would serve my purpose. But assuming that I develop the skills, in future I would add a lens or two to the camera. Both Nikon and Canon make excellent lenses but is it true Nikon ones are expensive compared to equivalent Canon ones? If yes then it would affect what I buy now.

I would like some opinions on the above points.

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow