Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nrwhitman
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
E-M1, what would you change?
10 months ago

I think Oly did a good job with the E-M1, but nothing is perfect.  Was browsing the specs and some things that would make it better for me would include:

• IR Remote, used it a lot for macro on my E1 and E30.  Was small, simple and just worked.  Not sure exactly what the wireless functionality brings, think that may actually cover this need and then some (remote live view?)  Think I may have talked myself out of this need but the IR was simple and effective and low power.
  • Bigger battery (but one that uses existing charger and not making camera any bigger).  My E30 generally got way more shots per charge.  Oly Mirrorless cameras seem to have a lot of variation in battery life depending on usage.  Sure seems to be a big grip, would think it could hold a bigger battery.
  • High speed video option for slow motion.  Never had it but thing it would be cool.  Really don't use video all that much
  • Dual memory card slots (but without making it bigger of course).  think that could be useful.
  • Bluetooth 4 (low power bluetooth).  And functionality for camera to link to phone with the same for sharing of location data and perhaps other.  The WiFi is nice, and wouldn't get rid of it but thinking it might significantly impact battery life.  For when you just want to communicate location data thinking low power bluetooth could be an alternative.  Not sure what else could be done with it but probably something.  Maybe remote wireless mic??  Could also make connecting via wifi easier.

Stretching on some of these.  Think they really did a great job on this, now only if I could afford it...

Rick

nrwhitman's gear list:nrwhitman's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow