Why most everyone choose Nikon for their first dslr?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,118
Like?
Re: Why most everyone choose Nikon for their first dslr?
In reply to harrygilbert, 10 months ago

harrygilbert wrote:

yonsarh wrote:

Infact I am one of them.

1. build quality

2. brand

3. many options for lenses

4. mainly for professional or amateur work

5. other

If other, please specify thanks.

Before I respond, note that I have the highest respect for Nikon (and all the various brands). Choice of camera is a personal thing, and I firmly believe that a good photographer can make great images with any brand. My allergist makes wonderful images with his Pentax. That said...

The factors you cite above are EXACTLY why I chose Canon. At just about every sports event, I see a sea of white lenses. When they show politicos on TV, it seems that a majority of photo journalists have Canons. When I go to photograph wildlife, Canon predominates among the "serious" photographers. The majority of Nikons I see are mid-level "prosumer" cameras owned by amateurs. And three other factors drove me to choose Canon over Nikon:

That's funny. A few posts up, we were told that all those professionals have dumped their Canon cameras in favor of Nikon. Maybe Nikon has started making white lenses?... Or maybe it was just hot air.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow