EOS M, what's the point?

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
PSonoda
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: EOS M, what's the point?
In reply to Peter63, Sep 26, 2013

When I started comparing the SL1 to the M. I noticed that the M plus adaptor weighs slightly more than the SL1. But when you factor the physical size and quality of optics available in the M mount, the value is hard to beat. You can buy a SL1 with a kit lens for $750. For that same basic price, you can get a $400 22mm kit with flash, a 18-55 m lens and adapter. The optics are better on the lenses and are better made plus significantly smaller overall.

the 11-22 sounds great and compares well to the 10-22 ef s mount. But it costs less.

If you are looking for the most compact shooter, the M is a little better. IMHO If you are looking for the best deal/ value, that will depend on the purpose for this kit.

Personally, the M build quality reminds me more of my 7d. The SL1while nice feels more entry level. And the EF 18-55 lens feels, well, cheap. The M version feels better built. Optically there is not too much difference between the two. I wish the SL1 was around when I bought my wife her T4i. I think she likes the size better.

PSonoda's gear list:PSonoda's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow