Wait for a potential XZ-3 or buy an XZ-2 now?

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TomSawyer
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Wait for a potential XZ-3 or buy an XZ-2 now?
Sep 26, 2013

Hey guys,

I'm heading to Thailand on holiday for a few weeks with the girlfriend in late November/early December, and I'm looking for something far lighter and more pocketable than my usual Canon 60D as a travel camera. After reading a stack of reviews and throwing in my own considerations (good manual control is a must, and that Olympus set-up provides this in spades), I'm largely committed to the XZ-2, with an underwater housing for sailing and diving funtimes :).

My thinking is this.. I'm now within the window of being able to get the tax I pay on the camera and housing back at the airport when I depart the country, so we're all good there, and I want plenty of time to familiarise myself with the camera before the trip. So in that sense, now would seem the perfect time to buy. On the other hand, given the  XZ-2 is now a year old it wouldn't surprise me if a new model was announced soon, and this might drive the price of the XZ-2 down a little.

So the question is: "Buy now, or wait?" Any advice is appreciated

-Tom

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow