What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?
In reply to Sr Cordeiro, Sep 26, 2013

right-grip. The concave depression in the front looks like a far more comfortable choice than the V1 but in my opinion the top panel section of the right-grip area is like the V1: too flat and blocky. It should be far more rounded for comfortable holding and the shutter button should be at an angle, not pointing to the sky. Ergonomics should be given more thought.

The front dial should be 'pulled back' at an angle too. Facing the front is just far too blocky and less comfortable to use. Ideally it should be pulled back 30 - 45 degrees and the blocky top more angled.

The tilting EVF is good. Nikon needs a touchscreen with fast settings (control panel) to avoid going into menus, in my opinion (especially if they don't offer real buttons; ideally both would be offered). Everyone is doing a better job at this than them.

Camera strap holders are very retro because they demand the 'noisy' type of attachment which moves a lot. I thnk the normal rectangular ones are better.

People seem to love this type of two-tone retro look,  but it doesn't do much for me. I'm happy to see the accessory port cover is not painted silver since to me there are few things worse than coating plastics with silver paint.

Tiltable LCD is sensible!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow