Lens quality control

Started Sep 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,667
Like?
Re: Lens quality control
In reply to forpetessake, Sep 26, 2013

forpetessake wrote:

Poor quality control on part of Sony and other manufacturers opens a business opportunity for third parties to test lenses and sell them at a premium. I wonder why we don't hear about companies reselling lenses with full DXO test data and making some profit from this. Why should a poor quality lens cost the same as a good one? I think many consumers would prefer paying 10% extra for known quality rather than buying a pig in a poke.

Nice idea but I think the main companies would be very unhappy with this as it implies that there might be sub-par lenses in the supply chain - we know there are, but the main manufacturers don't want this to be 'common knowledge', not just from a sales point of view but also from a support point of view when dealing with customers who think their lens might be sub-par

Even on this forum there are a small number of posters who refuse to believe there are quality issues with some of Sony's lenses.  In the general buying public there are probably only a very small percentage of customers who know about the possibility of sample variation in lenses

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow